Friday, July 9, 2010

Experimenting

Trying new fruits and vegetables can be fun! A lot of times people are afraid to buy new fruits and vegetables because of the fear that they won't like them, or they don't know how to prepare them. Just look up a simple recipe and go for it! Buy whatever it is you're trying in a small amount at first to make sure that you like it, and then it can be a regular part of your grocery list!

Yesterday I tried cherries for the first time in my life (there are different types of cherries, and I forget which kind I had, but they were delightful!) Similar taste to a plum and very portable like grapes!

Next adventure: I have had guacamole in the past, but this weekend I'm going to make my own using fresh avocados!

Simple recipe: Just cut the avocados in half (choose ones with a slight give in the skin so you know they are ripe), scoop out the seed first and discard, and then scoop the soft green avocado out of the skin (using a spoon is the easiest). Then, add your favorite salsa or Rotel to taste! If you LOVE garlic like I do, add just a pinch! Salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Keep that seed and put it in the guac after it's finished...it will keep it from turning brown so fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! Thanks, JoAnna!!!!

    ReplyDelete