Friday, June 10, 2011

LIFE of an American 20 Something

It’s the way of life, it’s the way to get ahead.
Do this, get this, say this.
Then scan it, blog it, tweet it, post it. Piss! Did you forget to put it in the mail?

Monday morning, rise and shine.
Hit the ground running, get back to the grind.

Get up, make your coffee, yoga if there’s time!
Run to the bank, good god, please don’t let there be a LINE LINE LINE!

Did you finish that report? Can you get it to me by noon?
Sure, boss, I’ll be off Facebook real, real soon.

Oh, lunch? I’ll skip today.
Gotta' catch up on some work if I’m gunna' get paid.

It’s 7 already?! Better hit the gym.
Have to sculpt these muscles from limb to limb.

Get home, I’m exhausted, throw some chicken on the grill.
Eat just enough to get my fill.

Now for some TV. OH NO! My favorite character is dead!
Then try to sleep. But how with my to-do list dancing in my head?

All the way to Friday, things are pretty much the same.
 I know, pretty lame.

Friday night comes (with some Lady Gaga tunes.)
Only have 7 hours to act like a complete lune.

Shove all your fun in now! There’s not much time left.
Shots, dancing, shots, dancing. Almost arrested for theft?

Don’t forget my fourth meal. Cab driver, turn here!
Will I have enough money for both is my only fear.

Don’t touch my fries! I haven’t eaten all week!
But did you notice my ass in this dress? Very sleek.

Hangover, hangover. You’re here too soon.
Please, no one post pictures. If you need me, I’ll be on the couch this afternoon.

100 miles an hour down the road of life.
No time to stop and think, “Am I doing this right?”

If you slow down to pause, an opportunity might pass by.
Then who gets ahead?....That guy?

Dress right. Talk right. Stand right. Be right.

Know sports and politics just enough.
Act like a lady, but still show em’ your tough.

Shave this, wax that, do you have an outfit to wear?
Think green, drive a hybrid, care about the air.

America, we shout, we love you girl!
But slowing down…just a bit? We might want to give it a whirl.

This an intro into next week's posts about the phenomenon of American living and how it can lead to unforeseen disordered eating patterns. Have a good Friday, and gear up once again for a super fun Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment