Friday, September 30, 2011

COLLEGE.

College was a special time filled with countless Thirsty Thursdays, BW3's trips, Tan Zone stops, morning sausage biscuits, frat party ice luges, keg beers, jungle juice shots...and about 15-50 lbs that everyone thought looked good shoved into a CATS-T and low rise jeans. Dear god.

Yes, college was awesome, but I've had to spend my 20's helping my body recover from the inevitable damage that I caused. I love the reunion homecoming games 1-2 years post graduation, when you see people and think..."Oh, that's what you're supposed to look like."

I contemplated putting before and after pictures of my sister Kristin on here, but I thought that might be crossing the line:) Keep in mind, this is a girl that thought K Lair cheese fries were a breakfast item. Yeah, the one that just did the Ironman. Needless to say, she's a Post College Hottie! (PCH) Know any?

Tolly-Ho (original location)
I'm not going to go on and on and tell you how to stay fit in college, because, honestly, if you are fit in college, you are doing something wrong. I used to teach group fitness classes at our campus rec center, and I still managed to put on a good 20lbs. I was doing it right!

We made up a cheer in college. Thankfully, I had 2 years of Allstar experience helping us out. Yes, I was a National Champ, as all cheerleaders are. Thank you. Here is what my roommates and I came up with while drinking 40s in our driveway one sunny, most likely a Tuesday, afternoon around 3pm-ish. Don't worry. We also had choreographed hand motions.

Mad Mushroom Cheese Sticks
Life of a Wildcat

L-E-X-I-N-G Lexington and me!
Limestone Road with Tolly-Ho,
Down the street to The Keys!
Cheese sticks with garlic sauce and ranch dip for me.

S-T-A-T-E Street 1-3-9
Hop in the car.
Go to Rite Aid,
Most Bad-A house ever!
139 State Street!
And get our bottle of wine!

"Cash back, please!"
"How much do you need?"
"5 Dollars.
It's Thursday night.
All you can drink with a student ID!!!!"

Moral of the story: Do it right, and get skinny after college!!!!


Avio - Karaoke and the Jungle Room! Nuf said.

 
Two Keys with the girls!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, love it. I was a Wildcat too - K-State Wildcat. Those were the days. Pretty sure a college student had to of came up with Taco Bell's 4th meal slogan because there were plenty of those.
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh this takes me back to the good ole days ... remember when we counted 1-2-3 who wants to go out during the tornado and no one even hesitated to say YES! on 3?

    ReplyDelete