Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Your "ah-ha moment"

Before
I heard Bill Germanakos, season 4 winner of Biggest Loser, speak today. Of course he was a great speaker. Of course he was inspiring. Of course he had great stories and great punch lines. But through all of the showmanship, he had a great message.

Education and hard work. He said "If your child was bad at math, what would you say to them? Try again? Try harder? Try a new way? No, you would say, "Ok, let's get you a tutor."" He said that the first thing you need is education.

As someone who had tried every diet out there including the Atkins Diet and Jenny Craig, he said the thing that was missing from everything out there was the education. At the Biggest Loser ranch, he finally learned HOW to be healthy. I thought that was awesome.

The second thing I thought was awesome was his answer to a (he said) commonly asked question by family, friends, and fans. "Bill, are you still depriving yourself?"

After
His reply was simply, "When I open a menu, I don't look for the things that I can't eat. I immediately start looking for the things that I can eat. I am treating myself to health, and isn't that better?"

To hear someone speak that actually did it...that actually said ENOUGH! I want to live. I want to walk my daughter down the aisle... is amazing.

I hear excuses all day. I watch people ignore themselves, tell me they are "big boned" that "it runs in their family," knowing that they are killing themselves, and I can't do a thing. They haven't had their "ah-ha moment."

What will be your "ah-ha moment?"

Bill's before and after labs!!! 
















My sister, Kristin is a HUGE Biggest Loser fan. Bill signed his pic for her:)

No comments:

Post a Comment