Thursday, February 17, 2011

Put the Bag DOWN

I'm sitting on my couch right now watching DVR'd episodes of this season's American Idol, and I just finished off a bag of some "oh so healthy" flavored mini rice cakes.

Don't roll your eyes at me, they're good! However, "healthy" only refers to one serving. I ate 6. That's right, 360 calories of rice cakes! Is that even possible?

Yes, because I broke the cardinal rule! I brought the whole bag into the living room with me planning to only eat a few, but, mesmerized by Jennifer Lopez's fabulous hair, I lost track. (and now I just added to my J-Lo booty.....trust me, not everyone can pull it off).

I beg of you, do NOT, under any circumstances, take a bag, box, container of ANYTHING anywhere with you. Always try to portion out your food.
  • put a serving of a snack in a separate bowl
  • divide a bag of chips or cookies into individual baggies
  • buy individually wrapped chocolate, not a candy bar
You're going to have slips, obviously, but make it a point to put the bag away. Take what you want, close it up, and put it back in the pantry!

Here is a pic I just found of me breaking the cardinal rule once again. Enjoy.

Yeah, that's me on the left. To be fair, I was on vacation:)

No comments:

Post a Comment