Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Exercise. Ugh.

I recently had a stint where I wasn't allowed to exercise (doctor's orders) for 2 weeks. Today is my "you're allowed to exercise now" day. This experience has been very interesting. I'm sure there has been countless times where 2 weeks has gone by and I have not worked out, but this time is was presented as a guilt-free getaway ok'd by a medical professional....THE medical professional. Very different.

You would think that knowing I wasn't going to be active would have made me keep a closer eye on the things I was choosing to eat, but in fact, I discovered the exact opposite. I, for some reason, interpreted "no activity" as "no health intuition what-so-ever." It threw off everything. I started eating out more, which of course leads to...bad decisions. I started eating late at night...more bad decisions. I started having a cocktail/cocktails at night for no apparent reason...different, but equal, bad decisions:) It was the beginning of a crazy cycle that included no activity leading to increased lethargy leading to decreased motivation which led to increased intake of what can only be scientifically deemed as....fried shit.

French fries. Shit. Waffles. Shit. Tacos. Shit. Queso. Shit. Hamburgers. Shit. Butter. Shit.

There has been positives though! It is SO much easier to eat out. It is SO much less time consuming to not pack my workout bag and not drag it all the way through the parking garage and up to my office and to not to have to spin my wheels on some gym contraption for an hour....ok 30 minutes...but still. I can see how this is appealing to so many!

Here's the issue though... I feel like crap. I'm foggy. I don't want to get out of bed in the morning. I'm less productive. There's a skin roll now that rests on my thighs when I pee (IN 2 WEEKS - is that even possible?). Anyway, these are all things that are just not good for anyone...especially a new fiance! Like how I worked that in?

So, what I need now is a plan! An I Don't Want Things Resting On My Thighs When I Pee Plan.

Interestingly enough, it looks like, for me, and I bet for many, that an exercise routine is the 1st step to healthy eating!! See, I don't like working out. So, why would I go and waste what I just did on some stupid Panera cookie? (Good god, those cookies are delicious) See what I'm getting at?

So, here is the plan. I'm going to take one more day (just to be safe of course:) and then I'm back on the workout train tomorrow. It doesn't have to be anything major...I hate it all...so whatever I do, I will go home after and sure as hell not ruin it with a few Bud Lights...like I did last night.

Happy Hump Day...get out there and exercise, so you can eat healthy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment