Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I'm ENGAGED!

I had a great post lined up that will have to be bumped to tomorrow! Be sure to tune in though, because it is a celebrity appearance!

So, back to the news...last night, I got engaged! (Yes, I'm going to tie this into nutrition - I'm not the kind of girl that just walks around talking about my engagement to anyone who will listen!!!) I mean, I would consider trick-or-treaters, the lady at Panera, the Thortons manager, and the guy walking his dog close friends!!

Here's how it happened: Last night, my boyfriend (well he was my boyfriend at the time:) told me he had a business deal he had to close about an hour away in Frankfort, so he wouldn't be home until 7. I was a little peeved because it was Halloween and I was looking forward to handing out candy and I had made a new crockpot recipe for sweet and sour chicken (renamed Engagement Chicken now and you can find the recipe below). Anywho, he kept texting me that this was a big deal and I needed to be ready to celebrate!

I was showing my enthusiasm via text but really I was curled up on the couch in his nasty high school football sweatpants and my favorite Kentucky sweat shirt. GO CATS!

At exactly 7pm, he walked in the door with flowers and champagne!! In my head I was thinking, "Aww yeah! Papa made some money tonight!!"

I went in the kitchen to get a vase for the flowers (and by vase I mean water pitcher because I do not own a flower vase), and as I was babbling on, asking questions about "the deal", he said, "I also got you one more thing." And right there, in the kitchen, in front of the refrigerator, next to my silly water pitcher, in my grubby sweats, (while he was dressed to the nines!), he proposed! Just got down on one knee, didn't say anything else. Just, "Will you marry me?"

I die.

It took me about 5 minutes to stop bawling crying enough to say yes! Yes, yes, yes!!!

Then, the chaos. I was crying. I was laughing. I was jumping around in circles. I kept saying, "I can't breathe." Once the champagne was popped I proceeded to drink...the whole bottle... while calling everyone I knew!

It was amazing. I felt like a million dollars. I never thought he would surprise me...on a Monday:)

Once things had calmed down slightly, there was a knock at the door...a trick-or-treater!! We had forgotten about the fact that it was Halloween! I will never forget the little cow that came to our door. Face painted...his name was Landon. He had just turned 1. I picked him up - he did not like that. I was still in shock and forgot that it was weird to pick up strange kids. Whatev:)

OH, I told you I'd tie this into nutrition somehow! Well, after we went to show my parents the UNBELIEVABLE ring, we went to White Castle:) We had to...I had completely burnt the Engagement Chicken:)

Can't have a classy engagement story without the CATS, a cow, and some White Castle. Amen.

Chris, MY FIANCE!!
Engagement Chicken
Ingredients:
1 lb skinless chicken breast
2 cups light Catalina Dressing
1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce

Directions
Mix the dressing and applesauce. Place chicken in crockpot and cover with sauce. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. 
Serve over brown rice.

5 comments:

  1. So excited for you both! Love this story & love you guys.

    www.louwhatwear.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Danielle! I still want to be on the blog:) Even though I don't have to impress my man anymore. hehe
    - Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! What an awesome start to the week. Being engaged is awesome and I think begin married will be even better. You'll have to check out my blog I just posted our engagement pictures. You two are so cute. People in love are my favorite.
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed and cried at this post- so sweet :) love you both!

    ReplyDelete