Thursday, November 10, 2011

LAY OFF ME, I'M STARVING!!!!

Screaming at the driver in front of me, dodging my neighbor's dog, screeching up the driveway, barging through the door, throwing my bags, shoving on elastic pants, sliding into the kitchen, and looking for anything to fill the raging hunger pit that is my stomach.

This is how I feel everyday when I get home from work. I'M STARVING!! I know what you're thinking, "Erin, don't you have an afternoon snack?" And the answer is, "Yes, so BACK OFF!"


Like I have said a million times before, I need dinners that are nutritious and delicious....but I need them FAST!!

Prepackaged meals get a bad rap...and some of them for good reason. However, they can be used as a great base for a great meal for one! You just have to get creative:) Many prepacked meals are a little low in calories for a full dinner, and many are missing vital nutrients that you would receive from fresh, whole ingredients.

Here's how I doctored up a Lean Cuisine I found in the back of the freezer last night. I started with this selection.

Here's how it came out of the microwave.

That obviously wasn't going to cut it. So, I cooked 1/2 cup of instant brown rice, chopped up a few green onions, and brought out the salsa. After changing dishes and piling on all the new ingredients, here is what dinner looked like!

Much better!!!

How can you improve your prepackaged meals?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment