Monday, December 13, 2010

My Grocery Cart

Just like I would want to know what my financial adviser's finances look like, I would want to know what my dietitian's grocery cart looked like. Well, here it is! This is what I stocked up on last night at Kroger (my traditional shopping location.) My goal was to grab my breakfast ingredients, stuff to pack for lunches this week, a couple ingredients for dinner, and a few emergency ready-to-eat meals. Let's see how I did!!!!!

First of all Kroger has these new awesome carts that are just the perfect size! Love them. Anywho...starting with ...   
                          
Breakfast:                                                            
1. Skim milk - I drink about a gallon a week         
2. Low Sugar Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal that I add milk and natural peanut butter to every morning.

Lunches/Snacks:                                                   
1. Kroger Sandwich Slims - the Generic Sandwich Thin - for Peanut butter and jelly or turkey and cheese sandwiches
2. 2% American Cheese slices
2. On the Go Campbell's Soups - vegetable and chicken noodle
3. Apples and Bananas
4. CowPals light string cheese
5. Pretzels and peanuts (I mix them together as a snack or a side item for lunch)

Dinner:
1. Canned Chicken (that I mix with Light Mayo, a pinch of salt and sugar, chopped almonds, and a drop of 2. lemon juice for homemade chicken salad)
3. Lima Beans steam bag (add a little salt for a yummy side dish)
4. 2 Emergency Healthy Choice Meals (for those days when cooking is out of the question:)
Ingredients mentioned, but not bought (i.e. peanut butter), I already had at home. I got out of there for under $30! Not bad.
Try a new snack this week to have in the afternoon to ward of after-work refrigerator scavenging:)

No comments:

Post a Comment