Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ridiculous Diets of 2010

The extreme rigor we put our bodies through for that perfect figure is ridiculous. I heard somewhere that man kind's intelligence is evolving every day, increasing our mental function by the minute! Well, I think they have it backwards. When you read the absurdity of these following diets that were used THIS YEAR, you might agree with me. Humans are dumb.

A diet review of almost 1500 diets was done by a team from Diets in Review. Here are the most ridiculous diets of 2010!

The hCG Diet
The gist: Daily injections of the female pregnancy hormone, with a prescription via a doctor, or even more sketchy, ordered off the Internet, all while eating a 500-calorie diet.
My take: WTF? I'm all up for the injections...genius....but 500 calories!!! You know what you could eat for 500 calories!!!! An apple, 1 cup of rice, 1 slice of 2% cheese, 8oz of milk and a 100 Calorie pack to top it off. Can you imagine eating that day after day? You'd be brain dead! Ridiculous.

The Baby Food Diet

The gist: Replace your adult-sized meals with little jars of baby puree.
My take: Alright, housewives of America, you've really done it this time. Seriously? Do you weigh 20 lbs and crap your diaper? NO! So, I'm pretty sure this food is not made for you. Figure out another way to portion control.

The Tapeworm Diet

The Gist: You swallow a parasitic tapeworm, which you can find in under-cooked meat or infected animal feces, and wait for it to begin breaking down your digestive system, so that you don't want to eat.
My take: Give me the injections and baby peas! This one sucks the worst! Is this even real? Well, I looked online, here is what I found....If you are currently using the tapeworm diet, high-fives all around. That is what I call commitment!

The Twinkie Diet

The gist: Live off of grocery store snack cakes, and supplement with a few canned veggies so that you can go public with your fad and become famous.
My take: GENIUS! Why didn't I think of this? Ugh, I was so meant to be famous....this could have been my way in. Damn you Kansas State Nutrition Professor.

 

1 comment:

  1. This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog..
    the website

    ReplyDelete