Friday, July 15, 2011

Dating is making me fat.

Would you like to go to dinner? The movies? Dinner and a movie? Drinks? Drinks and a movie? Dinner and drinks?

How am I supposed to trick a man into marrying me if I'm super fat from dating him?! No, I don't want to go have 500 calories a pop margaritas. No, I don't want to go to the movies and sit on my ass. No, I don't want to check out the new Italian place down the street from your house (nice ploy, though - walking distance...I see what you're trying to do here.) 

Why can't people go on dates that don't involve food, alcohol, or watching movies...only to ignore each other completely? (Side note: I have been told that I'm a "loud talker" in the movies which apparently is the opposite of attractive, and I like to put my feet up on my date's knees which is apparently "inappropriate." Guess I'm the worst movie date...ever.

Anywho - on your next date, try to do something that is more active! That way you can burn calories instead of collecting them. (No one wants to neck with a gassy, bloated date - trust me)

Here are some fun, active date ideas!!!

- go bike riding. Try a tandem, or find somewhere to rent
- find somewhere cool to hike (no need to be outdoorsy, try somewhere local)
- Frisbee golf
- fishing
- rent a canoe
- go to an amusement park
- go to the zoo
- try out a waterpark
- go on a walk in an interesting area of town
- try sledding
- wash your cars together (wet t-shirt contest?)
- head to the a local library...super hilarious if you get the giggles
- play a round of golf (I would never do this - but maybe putt-putt)
- take a board game to a park (my favorites: UNO, Guess Who, and Sequence)
- check out a museum
- paintball
- have a "Coupon Date." Check out the paper or a Groupon ad to see if there is something fun to do

Now you can be healthy and date! A win win - especially when you get around to 2nd base!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment