Friday, July 1, 2011

Puppy cake for Bannon!!

It was my bubby's 1st birthday yesterday, so, of course, I had to make him his very own birthday cake!! Here's what I put in it...

Puppy Cake

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup canola oil
1 jar baby food, beef and veggies
4 eggs
2 strips beef jerky, diced
I preheated the oven to 325 degrees. Greased and floured an 8x8x8 inch pan. Creamed the butter until smooth. Added oil, baby food, and eggs. Mixed until smooth.

I put the dry ingredients into the beef mixture until the batter was smooth. Then I put the diced beef jerky in. I poured the batter into the pan and baked for 1 hour.

The icing is plain yogurt, but I did decorated it with actual icing (which I scraped off before giving it to Bannon).
What he didn't eat, I put back in the fridge.

He loved it!! I fed him a few bites by hand and then just put his piece right on the floor. He kept licking the tile even after it was gone. I was so excited!! I also gave him this new toy that is shaped like a cheese burger...it was so cute watching him run around the back yard with the burger in his mouth:)

Basically, he's the cutest. He's getting to be such a big boy!!
Bannon and me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment