Monday, March 7, 2011

Lady Gaga and Breast Milk Ice Cream?

Last month, someone sent me an article on this restaurant in London that had started serving ice cream made with breast milk. The inventor was claiming that it was pure, organic and natural.

It all started with one chef and one donating London mother, Victoria Hiley. Since the news has gotten out, several other mothers have come forward with their services, needing a little extra cash. The donators are put through the same screening as those intending to donate blood.

The inventor, Mr. O'Connor, states, "If it's good enough for our children, it's good enough for the rest of us."

Here is the kicker, though. I heard on the radio today that singer Lady Gaga is suing the restaurant due to the ice cream's name and marketing scheme. The name of the ice cream is Baby Gaga, and they have apparently employed a Lady Gaga look-alike to help market the new product.

Some are calling it creepy, I don't know what I think. The milk is pasteurized, so there really isn't any harm in eating it. I think I would try it!

I wonder if Ben and Jerry will be buying in on the breast milk craze?:)

-Thanks for the link, Mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment