Friday, March 11, 2011

Majestic McDonald's

I thought I would take this opportunity to share with you the funniest picture ever taken. I was browsing through my parents' photos from their most recent trip to the great state of Arizona. After about 45 pics of either one or the other posing in front of yet another cactus, jackets tied around their waists....I stumbled upon this. It took me a second to soak everything in. Please notice the following....

1. The beautiful mountainous scene, sky bluer than blue.
2. The wine bottle. Sort of makes sense....I guess....beautiful scenery and wine.
3. The Solo cups......starting to get a little off beat......ok
4. What? Wait....is that? Yup.....that's a McDonald's bag!!


The romantic couple had stopped to take in the majestic view, the natural glory of the desert, and some processed meat product. Looks like even the desert can't escape the pressures of Americanized dining.

The entire scene reminded me of those Vogue model photos where they have a half naked model on the side of some insane desert rock....attempting to make the reader believe that the woman who is about to fall over from anorexia 1. had the ability to climb/hike the 4 miles/1,000 ft to get to the  oh-so outdoorsy spot and 2. isn't getting sunburned in places where the sun should never see.

I don't know what's in the "Nancy" cooler. Possibly some Taco Bell tacos and Tequila.

I just thought the whole thing was genius and it needed to be posted on the Internet somewhere.

~Happy Friday!!~

Thank you Tom and Nancy (aka Mom and Dad) for the photo submission. I hope you enjoyed your desert brunch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment