Thursday, March 31, 2011

Rookie Mistake.

I went and did it this time. What a rookie mistake. After work yesterday, I decided to head to the grocery. My plan was to get a salad from the salad bar, a jar of jelly, some light bulbs, and a thing of sandwich bags. Easy enough, right?

Well, $38 dollars later, I realized what I had done. I went to the grocery hungry. This is nutrition mistake numero uno. As I was checking out, sliding my Italian pork, NON-generic multi-grain tortilla chips and salsa, cheese sticks, cherry tomatoes, various frozen items, and a few of my favorite chocolates across the scanner, I realized what I had done.

Worse yet, not only did I make impulse purchases, but when I got home, I ate them......all. I literally licked the bottom of the salsa jar clean, and my chips barely made it out alive.

So, what could I have done? I should have already had dinner planned ahead of time. I figured I would go to the salad bar, but I wasn't really sure. That is just poor planning. 2. I should have had a snack before I went. In one aisle of the grocery, they had chips in one of those germ infested taste testing stands, and I ATE THEM. Ugh. So unnecessary.

Today I am going to put a few granola bars in console of my car in case this situation should arise again. My dinner for tonight is already planned, so we shouldn't have this issue again.

No comments:

Post a Comment